NDIA is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and NDIA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, NDIA staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Meeting Safety & Responsibility Policy. This Policy applies to all NDIA meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than NDIA but held in conjunction with NDIA events, in public or private facilities.
Personal Safety & Security
NDIA works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to NDIA staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when walking to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
- If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any NDIA staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
At networking events, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. NDIA expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. NDIA and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NDIA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, NDIA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by NDIA at the meeting venue, hotels, or other contracted facilities.
NDIA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience any type of harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, NDIA asks that you inform Undral Dalai, Events Manager, NDIA, udalai@NDIA.org so that we can take the appropriate action. NDIA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and NDIA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.